2.15.2010

tell me a story: a new installation:)

my favorite gallery, lebasse projects is showcasing a solo exhibition by yoshitaka amano next saturday, and they invited me to have an installation in their project room.
i am very excited to be exhibiting in a same space with a such a legendary artist like mr amano.
if you are not familiar with his work he was the one who is responsible for the character design of such animation as gatchman, speed racer, vampire hunter d and also the video game, final fantasy series.

this installation will be a continuation on the installation from my last solo exhibition, "hello and goodbye." this will be very site specific and also will be the largest installation from myself.

here are some progress pictures:


primed and ready to be painted:)


thanks to my good friend mari for helping me set up my new air brush:)


this is a separate project but it will be displayed at the show.

for more info about the show please visit lebasse projects web site.

http://www.lebasseprojects.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I did not know about Amano, he's so prolific!

have a good show. :]

Nimit Malavia said...

these looks great yoko chan! I'm excited to see how it's all gonna be put together!

JShea9 said...

look'n dope.......are these model magic.....or sculpy?

i assume not wood............those wood ones are killer...........but i would not paint them........so i'm asumming these are made of a different material......

oh yeah.......in this country........we called the gotchaman show.....

battle of the planets...............

dana said...

great job yosk!